Affidavit of service

This form must be completed, once service is effected, by the person who served the documents.

The party who filed the document must then file the Affidavit of Service with the Court to prove service.

Filing with the Court

The Affidavit of Service should be filed with the Court online:

  • For family law proceedings, using the Commonwealth Courts Portal (see How do I eFile?)

TIP: If you are not registered on the Commonwealth Courts Portal or are registered but do not have access to your file electronically email with your full name, date of birth, name of the other party, file number (if known) and your portal user name if you are already registered so we can create your registration or provide access to your file.

  • For general federal law or migration proceedings use eLodgment.

If for some reason you cannot file online, you can file at a Court registry.