The Information Publication Scheme (IPS) aims to transform the freedom of information framework from one that responds to individual requests for access to documents to a proactive approach to publishing information.
This applies to both the Federal Circuit and Family Court of Australia (Division 1) and Federal Circuit and Family Court of Australia (Division 2) (“the Courts”) as prescribed authorities under the Freedom of Information Act 1982 (Cth) (FOI Act)
- requires the Courts to publish information publication plans;
- specifies categories of information that must be published; and
- provides a means for agencies to proactively publish other government information.
Further information on the IPS is available from the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC) website.
- The FOI Act provides that the Courts prepare an IPS plan. Read our IPS plan.
Who we are
- A list of current judges of both the Federal Circuit and Family Court of Australia (Division 1) and Federal Circuit and Family Court of Australia (Division 2)
- Chief Executive Officer
- Deputy Principal Registrar
- Judicial and other Registrars of the Courts
- Court Children’s Service
What we do
Our reports and responses to Parliament
Routinely requested information
- To date, the Courts have not been routinely requested for particular information.
- The Courts publish a disclosure log of information to which the Courts have provided access under the FOI Act.
- The Courts are not responsible for the development of specific policy proposals. Its role is to determine disputes according to law as Courts exercising the judicial power of the Commonwealth under The Constitution. It does not undertake public consultation in carrying out that role.
- Where appropriate, the Courts consult with its users (for example, through the Law Council of Australia and State/Territory Bar Associations and Law Societies) in the development of practices and procedures. It also encourages the Courts users and the community to provide it with feedback about its registry and information services. Feedback can be provided via email to email@example.com
- Strategies, priorities and key activities designed to support the achievement of performance goals are set out in the relevant section of the Corporate Plan
- The Federal Court of Australia entity is the accountable authority for the purposes of the Public Governance, Performance and Accountability Act 2013. Financial records are available in Annual Reports of the Federal Court of Australia.
- Portfolio Budget Statements
How to contact us
If you need assistance because information or a document on this website is not available in a format you can access, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for an alternative accessible, format.
Feedback and inquiries about this page can be provided via email to email@example.com