Financial Questionnaire

Unless you are required to file an Affidavit – Family law and child support, this form is filed at the same time as an Initiating Application (Family Law) or Response to Initiating Application (Family Law) seeking financial orders.

Filing with the Court

You should file this form electronically using the Commonwealth Courts Portal. If you are electronically filing you will be required to scan and save the completed document to your computer and upload it at Step 2 of the application. If for some reason you cannot eFile, you can file at a Court registry.

TIP: If you are not registered on the Commonwealth Courts Portal or are registered but do not have access to your file electronically, please complete the enquiry form for divorce, other family law, migration or general federal law.

In the form, you need to select:

  • I am making an enquiry about myself
  • Commonwealth Courts Portal support and registration
  • I am registered for the Commonwealth Courts Portal but can't see my file

Then provide your full name, email address, date of birth and the full name of the other party so we can verify your identity.

You should also provide your telephone number in case we need to contact you, and your Commonwealth Courts Portal username if you know it.

At Step 3 please provide your file number, if known, and ask for your client number.

For more information about filing using the Portal, see How do I eFile? and How do I navigate through the Commonwealth Courts Portal?.


This form must be served on any other party along with the application or response and any other documents. For more information on service in family law proceeding see How do I serve family law documents?.

Legal advice

To understand your legal rights and responsibilities you should obtain legal advice. A lawyer can explain how the law applies to your case and assist you to complete forms and lodge documents. The Court is unable to provide legal advice because to do so would seriously compromise its ability to impartially determine your case. There are several free services available. See Find a Lawyer for more information.