For law firms to arrange for funds to be debited from an account by the Federal Circuit and Family Court of Australia.
Please ensure that you have read the following before signing the Direct Debit Request Form. Please retain a copy for your records.
- We may vary this agreement at any time by giving you at least 14 days notice.
- By signing a Direct Debit Request, you request and authorise us to arrange for funds to be debited from your account according to the agreement which we have with you, either of you, or a third party. The amounts drawn will be as due under the agreement or any agreed variations to it thereafter or any greater amount which you, either or you, or a third party instruct us to draw, provided such instruction is given in the manner specified in the operating authority held by us in connection with your account. Where the amount due under the agreement decreases, the Bank at its discretion may decrease the amount drawn from your account or, unless you instruct us to decrease it, continue to draw the higher amount.
We will only arrange for funds to be debited from your account:
- as requested and authorised in the Direct Debit Request; and/or
- according to any notice sent to you specifying the amount payable and the payment that is due.
The payment will be deducted from your nominated account on the payment due date. If the due date for payment falls on a non-working day or public holiday, the payment will be processed on the next working day.
It is your responsibility to ensure that you have sufficient funds in the nominated account when payments are to be drawn. If you do not have sufficient funds, the transaction will be rejected and an administration fee may be charged to your account. We treat the payment as if it was never made.
You should be aware that:
- Direct Debiting through Bulk Electronic Clearing System is not available on all accounts;
- Account details should be checked against a recent statement from your Financial Institution. If you are in any doubt, you should check with your ledger financial institution before completing the Direct Debit Request, and;
- It is your responsibility to advise us if your nominated account is altered, transferred or closed.
- If you believe there has been an error in debiting your account you should contact us on 02 6113 9303 from 9.00am to 5.00pm, Monday to Friday as soon as convenient to ensure a resolution as soon as possible.
- Your records and account details will be kept private and confidential and will only be disclosed at your request or at the request of the Financial Institution in connection with a claim made to an alleged incorrect or wrongful debit, or otherwise as required by law.
- For all matters relating to the Direct Debit arrangement on your account, including requests for deferment of debits, alterations of debit arrangements or stopping or cancelling your Direct Debit Request, please call us on 02 6113 9303 from 9.00am to 5.00pm, Monday to Friday.