Submitting Notice

This form is used if a party does not contest an application, response or reply.

A Submitting Notice must be filed before the first court date or if the party was served the documents after the first court date, before the next court date.

Filing with the Court

This form should be eFiled on the Commonwealth Courts Portal. For more information see How do I eFile?. If for some reason you cannot eFile, you can file at a Court registry

TIP: If you are not registered on the Commonwealth Courts Portal or are registered but do not have access to your file electronically email with your full name, date of birth, name of the other party, file number (if known) and your portal user name if you are already registered so we can create your registration or provide access to your file.


After the form is filed it must be served by ordinary service as soon as possible on the other parties including the Independent Children’s Lawyer, if one is appointed. For more information see, How do I serve family law documents?.

Legal advice

To understand your legal rights and responsibilities you should obtain legal advice. A lawyer can explain how the law applies to your case and assist you to complete forms and lodge documents. The Court is unable to provide legal advice because to do so would seriously compromise its ability to impartially determine your case. There are several free services available. See Find a lawyer for more information.