Notice of change of name

This form is used if a party to a current family law proceeding changes their name during the proceedings.

Filing with the Court

This form should be eFiled on the Commonwealth Courts Portal as an additional document. For a step-by-step guide see How do I eFile?. If for some reason you cannot eFile, you can file at a Court registry.

TIP: If you are not registered on the Commonwealth Courts Portal or are registered but do not have access to your file electronically email with your full name, date of birth, name of the other party, file number (if known) and your portal user name if you are already registered so we can create your registration or provide access to your file.


After the form is filed it must be served by ordinary service as soon as possible on the other parties including the Independent Children’s Lawyer, if one is appointed. For more information about service, see How do I serve family law documents?.