Application – contempt

This form is used to apply for a person to be punished for contempt of court.

This type of application can only be used if the behaviour of the Respondent in the Application – Contempt involved a flagrant challenge to the authority of the Court or a serious disregard of the Respondent’s obligations under an order. 

An Affidavit – Family law and child support must be filed at the same time stating the facts relied on in support of the application

This type of application must be served by personal service.

Legal advice

To understand your legal rights and responsibilities you should obtain legal advice.  A lawyer can explain how the law applies to your case and assist you to complete forms and lodge documents. The Court is unable to provide legal advice because to do so would seriously compromise its ability to impartially determine your case. There are several free services available. See Find a lawyer for more information.