Notice of Address for Service

This form is used to inform the Court and the other parties in your proceedings of the address at which court documents and notices can be served on you. You must file this form if your contact address (address for service) has changed.

You do not have to give your residential address. You can give another address at which you are satisfied that you will receive documents. If you give a lawyer’s address, include the name of the firm.

If you have fears for your safety you can contact Legal Aid in your state or territory who may be able to assist.

You must give an email address, a postal address in Australia and a telephone number at which you can be contacted during normal business hours.

Filing with the Court

You should file this form electronically on the Commonwealth Courts Portal. For a step-by-step guide see How do I eFile?. If for some reason you cannot eFile, you can file at a Court registry.

TIP: If you are not registered on the Commonwealth Courts Portal or are registered but do not have access to your file electronically, please complete the enquiry form for divorce, other family law, migration or general federal law.

In the form, you need to select:

  • I am making an enquiry about myself
  • Commonwealth Courts Portal support and registration
  • I am registered for the Commonwealth Courts Portal but can't see my file

Then provide your full name, email address, date of birth and the full name of the other party so we can verify your identity.

You should also provide your telephone number in case we need to contact you, and your Commonwealth Courts Portal username if you know it.

At Step 3 please provide your file number, if known, and ask for your client number.


After the form is filed it must be served by ordinary service as soon as possible on the other parties including the Independent Children’s Lawyer, if one is appointed. For more information about service see, How do I serve family law documents?.