Counselling certificate for applicants married less than 2 years

This form must be filed when parties were married for less than 2 years at the date of filing an Application for Divorce.

If you have been married less than 2 years, you must attend counselling and the counsellor completes and returns the form to the Applicant. To make an appointment with a counsellor call the Family Relationships Advice Line on 1800 050 321. If you cannot attend counselling you will need to file an Affidavit – Family law and child support explaining why you and your spouse have not attended counselling or any special circumstances why you cannot attend.

For more information see the fact sheet Have you been married less than two years?.

Filing with the Court

The form or Affidavit must be filed with the Application for Divorce which should be done electronically via the Commonwealth Courts Portal.

For more information see How do I eFile? and How do I eFile further documents to support my application for divorce.