Third party debt notice (form)

This form is used by a person seeking to enforce an obligation to pay money by directing a third party (e.g. the employer of the Respondent (payer) named in this Notice) to pay a lump sum or a redirection of earnings or periodic payments.

An Affidavit – Family law and child support must be filed with this type of application.

There is no filing fee for this Notice.

Filing with the Court

This Notice cannot be eFiled on the Commonwealth Courts Portal and must be filed at a Court registry.


The Court will consider the Notice and if the Court issues the Notice a sealed copy will be given to you for service on the payer and the third party debtor by ordinary service. A copy of the brochure Third Party Debt Notices must also be served. 

For more information about service see How do I serve family law documents?.

Legal advice

To understand your legal rights and responsibilities you should obtain legal advice. A lawyer can explain how the law applies to your case and assist you to complete forms and lodge documents. The Court is unable to provide legal advice because to do so would seriously compromise its ability to impartially determine your case. There are several free services available. See Find a lawyer for more information.