Response to an Application in an Appeal

This form is used by the respondent/s named in the Application in an Appeal who wishes to oppose the orders sought or asks the Court to make other orders.

You will need to file an Affidavit – Family law and child support with this form.

Filing with the Court

The response and affidavit can be filed by email to the National Appeals Registry, which has four locations:


The Response to an Application in an Appeal and Affidavit must be served on any other parties within 14 days of filing by ordinary service. For more information about service and a step-by-step guide see How do I serve family law documents?.

Legal advice

To understand your legal rights and responsibilities you should obtain legal advice. A lawyer can explain how the law applies to your case and assist you to complete forms and lodge documents. The Court is unable to provide legal advice because to do so would seriously compromise its ability to impartially determine your case. There are several free services available. See Find a lawyer for more information.